Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I Would Die For That



This is an amazing song, thanks Annalee (I stole it from her blog)! I don't know who sings it but it hits right at home. I have had several people ask me about our struggles getting pregnant with this one, and it is still really hard to talk about it. We are so so so grateful for the gospel, because without it, I don't know what we would have done. After I stopped nursing Emma when she was 7 months old (Dec 05') we started trying for another baby. It took 9 months to become pregnant (it only took 3 with Emma, no complications), and I miscarried at 6 weeks, that baby would have turned 1 on Ryan's birthday this year. After another 6 months, I miscarried again after 3 rounds of Clomid, last April at 10 weeks After 3 more rounds of Clomid, progesterone therapy, and baby aspirin therapy I miscarried again last October. We were pretty distraught and didn't know what to do so we decided to start the adoption process with LDS Family Services. I went to the temple and felt very strongly to try, "just one more time." So we did, no medications and sure enough we were able to become pregnant only one month after. So $10,000+ later, and it seems like a million dr. apts, we have a healthy baby so far! I am grateful for our trials because I have learned so much and made so many great friends because of this struggle. Ironically enough, this baby is due almost 2 years to the day after my first miscarriage and I know someday we will be able to raise those baby(s) whether here on earth or after. Our struggles though, seemed large to us, but are very minor compared to many others who struggle with becoming parents. I am very grateful for the gospel because if we had adopted this time around I know that, that child would have been "ours" the same as Emma is "ours" through the gospel!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

wow Starla you are so awesome. I didn't realize you had such a hard time. I am really happy for you guys and admire your testimony.

Meg said...

THis really is a very powerful song, I'm so happy for you and Ryan and this new addition will only bring more happiness into your life.

By the way can you email me your email address. mmporter@portersonline.com

Hope all is well
Meg

Cisneros Family said...

Thanks for sharing Starla. You and Ryan are amazing. You brought tears to my eyes. I am so excited for you guys.

Lesli said...

Hey Starla, its so nice to be able to keep in contact with people now. ha ha i feel so grown up! :) anyways that song is so amazing! holy cow! anyways i hope you and ry have a good day!