Sunday, January 27, 2008

Grandpa Cook


My Grandpa Cook (mom's dad) has been struggling with health problems for several years and has really gone through a lot. A week or so ago he started to become more and more weak and so I decided to stay up in Idaho for a few days last week to spend time with him. I really felt that those last few days would be the last time I saw him alive. He really took a turn for the worse a few days ago so all of his kids were able to make it to Idaho Falls to see him. Matt, my youngest uncle flew in from California late Friday night. This morning while I was in the shower my dad called and dear, sweet Grandpa Cook had passed away in his sleep this morning. It was a bittersweet moment because he has suffered through so much pain the last few years but yet we will miss him terribly. I really feel for my Grandma, she married my Grandpa about 10 years ago and she has really helped him to live as long as he did. The funeral will most likely be Thursday or Friday so everyone can make it. He was such a sweet man and I am really glad that most of the fammly was able to spend a few moments with him before he passed. We will miss him but look forward to seeing him again someday.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Starla,
I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa.