Thursday, January 10, 2008

Merry Christmas! (Finally another post!)

Sorry it has taken me so long to post! I am going to be better from now on :) Christmas was so much fun. It was our turn with the Erickson's and mom and dad rented a cabin for us all, it was a blast! Stacie and Whitney and their 4 girls, Kim, Sean, and Carter, Ryan, Emma, and I, and Scott and Kylie plus mom and dad, made for a very full house (but we wouldn't have it any other way)! We had snow machines and tubes for sledding in all of the snow. We all went up there the Friday before Christmas and made it back down to Rexburg Christmas Eve. A huge snow storm decided to give us some trouble getting out, but we made it safe and sound with only a few tears shed :). Christmas Eve was spent at Great Grandma and Grandpa Erickson's house with the Parkinson's. The little girls sang some Christmas songs for us which was super cute! Christmas morning was crazy! Emma was sooooo excited for Santa to come, so she woke up at 6am! It was a chore to keep her quiet until everyone else woke up but it was all crazyness when we all got upstairs. Santa brought Emma a fun play kitchen and a ton of Disney Princess accesories. She also recieved her Bitty Baby doll from Grandpa and Grandma Erickson which has become her new favorite "baby sister." The pictures don't even do it justice, we were all spoiled rotten, but what else is Christmas for? Ryan and I had to leave Christmas Day so Ryan could work the next day so we stopped by my parents house for a few hours before we made our trek home. The Skene's had a good Christmas as well, and of course Emma was spoiled with many more "princess" presents. She was too cute trying to open all of her presents. I think Grandma Skene had too much fun at the Disney store :) My parents gave me a super nice piano keyboard for Christmas so I can freshen up my piano playing skills (since I am kind of the catch all person for Primary, Nursery, Piano, Chorister, Secretary, you name it I do it!) We were so very sad to come home, but we get to go up this weekend again for the Rexburg Temple open house. Don't get me wrong, we love living here in Utah, but our "home" will always be Idaho! Our Christmas was absolutely wonderful, and we are so blessed to have such wonderful family. We have truly been blessed this year in so many ways and we know that without the gospel in our lives we would be lost! We hope everyone had as much fun as we did this past Christmas and can't wait to see everyone again (escpecially Whit and Stac)!


1 comments:

Reba said...

So many princesses...so little time. I know what you mean about Idaho being home. I fell the same way about Wy. Mark just doesn't get it!