Thursday, January 10, 2008

Mark Your Calendars for 08-08-08!


It's official, we are expecting! We are so incredibly excited and continually pray that everything works out but we really feel good about this one! Let me start at the beginning. I had my third miscarriage at the end of October (6 weeks along)and we were very confused about what to do next. I went through all of the routine miscarriage tests and everything came back normal. We were grateful that everything was "normal" but didn't know what our next step should be. We decided on two choices: try one more time or go the adoption route. I spent a day in the temple and both Ryan and I felt that everything would be okay, and to try just one more time. Surprisingly enough I found out I was pregnant the end of November! It usually takes my body anywhere between 1 to 3 months to return to "normal" and then another 3-10 months to get pregnant again. It was quite the surprise but we really felt okay about this pregnancy. We were super paranoid in the beginning (and still are) but I have had around 6 ultrasounds already and the doctor says everything looks great! Of course I still panic about every little thing but since I haven't been able to keep anything down Ryan feels pretty good about the situation :)! We just had our official "big" appointment and the baby is measuring a week ahead (our guess is a big boy), the heartbeat is very strong, and the umbilical cord looks good! I couldn't have asked for a better doctor and he has helped us through this whole ordeal. We are so excited! The last time we made it this far in a pregnancy it was with Emma, so we are keeping our fingers crossed! Thank you so much everyone for your prayers and thoughts, they have truly helped us through these tough times. Emma is excited although she thinks she has a baby in her belly too. Our next appointment is in two weeks (hopefully we can make it 2 weeks, we are used to 1 week appts) We will definitely keep you updated!


This picture is showing that precious little heartbeat that we pray we see every week.

6 comments:

Meg said...

YAY!!! This is so exciting!! Congrats you guys!! Can't wait to here all of the updates to come...

Reba said...

Congratulations again! I'm serious about bringing Emma over to our house so that you can have a break!

Nicholas and Ashley said...

Yeah that is so awesome. WE are so excited for you guys. Let us know what happens.

Kash said...

Congratulations Starla - I know you have been excited for this - so congrats! This is Cara by the way!

Kurt and Michelle said...

Ryan and Starla-
You have been in our prayers for months, we are so excited for you and we will continue to keep you in our prayers! We love you!!
Kurt and Michelle

Howarth's said...

Contratulations Ryan & Starla. Zach & I are so excited for both of you! Can't wait to hear more and more updates.