Monday, February 22, 2010

Ouch


So just when I wasn't feeling like a crazy woman anymore, this happened. Saturday night our friends/neighbors invited us over to play games. I was hurrying to get dinner done (we were running late, as usual) and I was trying to remove the pit from an avocado and the knife slipped. I sliced my hand pretty good and it hurt so bad! I kind of panicked, luckily Ryan was there to wrap my hand and then he asked me if I could drive myself to the hospital! Funny guy, he didn't want to take all 3 kiddos to the hospital, so I suggested calling our friends, the Hamblin's, and they were so wonderful and came over to our house instead to watch the girls. We went to the ER in Brigham City and I had to get 5 stitches and a tetenus shot. For some reason the anesthesia didn't work on me so I never was numbed the whole way, the stitches weren't fun. Luckily I have some painkillers leftover from Brinley so they have helped. Needless to say it has been an interesting day! Hopefully it heals fast!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Ouch! I'm so sorry!

Rasmussens said...

That looks not fun. Your little Brinley looks just like an Erickson. Hope you guys are doing good.

Chelsea Haight said...

Ouch! Your more swollen hand! I'm so sorry! Do you know the trick where you tap the pit with the knife and twist to get it out? Accidents do happen though, so I hope you recover quickly!

timandcindyhowe said...

Good slice! Ouch! That's hilarious about driving yourself to the hospital...sure I'll just use my good arm! :)
Cute kids. I hope you guys are doing well (aside from the finger). Nice blog. It's fun to hear what you're up to.

The Sullengers said...

Kash had an incident like this. So sorry!

Kim and Sean said...

Ouch is all I can say! that looks very painful. You need to be careful with those sharp knifes Starla!! I know your mom taught you better than that! :) j/k Brinley is getting so big. I can't wait to see you guys. Love ya Kim

Tracey Parkinson said...

Wow, that was a lot of stitches! It is so fun to read you blog. My girls got me set up to read your blog and I am enjoying it so much.

Funny, funny daddy. Lisa was just commenting that three kids has really been a hit for Luke. It sounds like Ryan is getting the same experience.
Aunt Tracey Parkinson