Thursday, July 10, 2008

Idaho Trip and Baby Update

We are back from our trip to Idaho! It was so much fun and as usual we hate leaving. Although our trip was so much fun it was also filled with much mayhem. For example, Emma broke her collar bone the night Ryan left for Alaska. (And yes they had tons of fun and success, but I will let him post on that :o) It was so wonderful to see the Giffords and we sure do miss them. We really wish they lived closer, (like we wish we lived closer) but in our own due time :o) The girls had a getaway trip that I was excited to attend but felt that I should bring Emma home, broken bone and all. It sounded like they had a ton of fun and I really wished I could have been there! We came home Sunday and Tuesday was filled with contractions 5-6 min apart. Yippee (no not really) I REALLY don't want to have the baby yet! Luckily the contractions have subsided to only 10-15 minutes apart since Wednesday morning, (still no fun). As for my 36 week doctor appointment today this is his assessment: I am "hmm" 2 cm dilated already, 75%+ effaced, and the baby's head is "wow, right there." Not sure how I feel about all of that but according to the ultrasound she is barely a 5 lb-ish baby, too tiny for me! Everything looks very healthy, lungs are good, she just seems to want to make an early entrance and I am okay with that I just wish she was bigger! My doctor doesn't seem to think I will make it past the 21st without a baby, so we will see. As for me, I am trying to come to terms with having a baby that soon, resting, and praying for a healthy baby! We are very okay with keeping her in there until the end of July first part of August. Wish us luck!

*I will post pictures later of our Idaho trip!

3 comments:

Marcy Cheney said...

Sounds like y'all had a great trip to Idaho. I bet those little cousins just love to play together--aren't they too much fun?? I hope that you will be able to "hold onto" that new baby for just a little longer. Take care and get lots of rest because as you know, things will be a changin' real soon at your house. Love you guys...

The Mendenhall's said...

It was so good to see you guys last weekend! I hope Emma is still doing ok. And you need to rest! trust me when that baby comes you will get no sleep. The second one is definatly harder than the first! But don't worry you will do great its also tonz of fun!

Damien and Ashley said...

It sounds like Emma will get a baby sister soon! How exciting! I don't think you ever feel ready to have another baby...but once she's here you won't remember what it's like not to have her!!! Good luck-keep us posted!