Monday, May 5, 2008

Baby Update

Last Thursday was my 26 week checkup and everything looks great! The little one measures right where she should be and is a whopping 1 lb 15oz. I think we'll let her stay in there a little longer. My doctor excitedly reminded me that I have one more 4 week apt. and then I am back to every other week. It must have been the fact that I was tired and hungry, (oh and pregnant) but I did not receive the news so warmly. I burst into tears and mumbled that I wasn't ready or something, and he kindly reminded me that I still have SEVERAL weeks to go and that he can wait until 33 weeks to start 2 week apts. I gathered myself (embarrassed) and shamefully replied, "no that's okay, I'll see you in 4 weeks." It seems like I just "graduated" to 4 week apts and now I am already back to 2 week appointments. You would think I would be jumping for joy, and I am now:o)! I am just going to chalk that one up to wonderful pregnancy hormones!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, Starla--I understand! I can't believe you are 26 weeks already...time really does fly! :)

Thanks for all of your comments on our blog! I am so bad at commenting on other people's blogs, but I love reading them! I seriously can't believe how big Emma is getting...we really hope to see you this summer!

Marcy Cheney said...

Starla...Thanks for checking out my new blog. This is really a lot of fun and I hope to get good at it and keep in touch with family. We hope to see y'all, but probably not til next summer. Good luck with the remainder of your pregnancy and keep us posted on all that. We love you guys...Kevin and Marcy

Rasmussens said...

I am glad to hear that everything is going well with your pregnancy. Emma is going to love having a sister. Morgan follows Lauren around and wants to do everything her sister does. It is cute. Tell Ryan Congrats on his calling. WE've been there and done that calling. Lots of fun. Good luck

grams said...

HI STARLA, JUST A NOTE TO SAY WE HOPE YOU HAD A HAPPY MOTHERS DAY. WE SURE MISS YOU GUYS, AND LOVE YOU TOO. CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT LITTLE ONE TO GET HERE. IT WILL SOON BE TIME FOR EMMA DAWN TO HAVE A BIRTHDAY. ANY CHANCE OF YOUR COMMING HOME? SURE HOPE WE CAN GO CAMPING THIS SUMMER. HAVE A GREAT WEEK, WE LOVE YOU, LOVE GRANDMA CHENEY

Stacie said...

that's awsome, we are excited for you guys. Let us know what you are doing for the 4th. We will be back in Idaho for a week (longer for stacie).