Friday, June 13, 2008

Potty Wars

So I love my little Emma but somedays I go crazy. She has been potty trained for a while now but every once in a while it seems like she decides she doesn't want to use the bathroom, like today. We have seriously gone through EVERY pair of underwear she owns because she "forgot" to go to the bathroom. We now have no more clean underwear so she is now in a pull up, which is usually a fight to get her to wear, but she gladly put one on today. Aargg! What is the deal?

I forgot to post the following story a while ago but in light of today I will share with you a day in the life of Emma.

As I was cleaning out the "catch-all" room to prepare for the baby, I was DI-ing several old stuffed animals. They were in a plastic bin in the corner of the room. As I preceeded to pull the stuffed animals out I noticed that they were all wet, not stinky, just wet. Hmmm I thought, Emma must have spilled a sippy cup of water into the bin, oh well :o) they'll wash. As I took the bin into the bathroom to clean out, my darling little Emma came in and announced, "Who peed in there mom?" Choke, cough, gag..."What!?!" I exclaimed. NEVER did it cross my mind that she would have peed in the bin, but why would she ask if she had..... so I asked, "Did you pee in there?" Emma replied, "Yeah" and then shrugged her shoulders like, no big deal mom. Me: "Why..WHEN did you pee in there!?" Emma: "When friend Elise came over and we played." As I thought of the last time her friend had come over I realized that this was over 3 weeks ago! I had checked on them and they were playing nicely but Emma had wet pants, but there was no wet spot on the floor, so I assumed that I had caught her before she emptied her whole bladder on the floor. WRONG, she just sat on the stuffed animals in the bin, did her business then continued playing. So needless to say, the stuffed animals didn't go to the DI, they went in the garbage and we had a LONG talk about peeing in the toilet NOT other places. My favorite part of the whole thing was Emma's reply when I asked her again why she peed in the bin, "Cuz I was just playin'." Such a three year old answer, gotta love it :o)

3 comments:

Matt said...

Ryan, Matt Wolfley. Come to my blog fatmatandcrew.blogspot.com and email me from the contact on the blog. I'm in Ogden too, and I need to show you something. Thanks! BTW, you guys look great, we just had a new little boy and he's great!

Damien and Ashley said...

Don't ya just love that stuff! I laughed so hard when I read your story about Emma-I've had very similiar ones with McKoy! Makes life, um, what should I call it, interesting....

Cisneros Family said...

I am so not excited for the potty training days!! What a funny story. How are you guys? How much longer do you have? Hope you are feeling well.